Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 7: Lucas' 1st Puget Sound Buddy Walk

I was stunned and humbled to see I was able to double my original goal, raising more than $1,000 in a week to support the work of our local Down syndrome organization and the National Down Syndrome Society.

Team Bean recieved nearly 30 individual gifts from friends and family all over (including our friend, Ron, in Geneva), and tied for 3rd place among fundraisers. As a result of a last-minute ask on Facebook, one of the most surprising and largest gifts came from my old boss and friend, John (who with his fearless red pen was instrumental in shaping my writing). As a parent of a child who directly benefits from this generosity, I am deeply moved and so very grateful to you all!

The day started at Sara's where she hosted brunch for a group of families who all have 5 year olds and have welcomed us into their pack. We then headed to the Seattle Center to enjoy the walk and festivities on a picture-perfect fall day. Couldn't think of a better way to spend the day then with friends, all celebrating Lucas, our kids and others like them. Here's to many more years to come!

 

 



No comments: