Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day, Daddy!

Lucas and his father have a love that is priceless. Since the very beginning, Tom has been a protector and a champion of his little boy. In turn, Lucas looks at Tom as if though he hung the moon. Adoration is a word I use repeatedly to describe their love for one another. Daddy was one of Lucas' first signs, and perhaps with the exception of "puppy" it's his favorite word. When daddy's not around, every time my phone rings or he hears the car door, he beams and signs and says "Daddy"! People sometimes ask me if I'm jealous of their connection, and truthfully, I'm so not...I love that they have such a special bond, and feel lucky to have such a wonderful and dedicated husband and father for my son.

If Lucas could express himself, here are some of the things I think he'd say about Daddy:

Thank you Daddy for cooking your yummy food for me...
morning, noon, and night,
for sitting with me to watch Signing Time over and over again,
for coming home early from work just to wrestle with me,
for making bath time so much fun with bubbles,
for taking me to see Mari for therapy every Monday and pointing out the cows in the pasture,
for introducing me to "Where the Wild Things Are" and "The Little Engine that Could"
for pushing my swing endlessly whenever my heart desires,
for showing me the thrill of big kid slides, jumping from the edge of the pool, and tickle games!

Thanks for learning so many signs so I can practice and learn them too,
and for showing me how to make cool animal sounds (Mommy's not very good at it, you know).

I love snuggling up to you when you put me down to sleep, and love it even more when I wake up sandwiched between you and Mommy.
Thanks for being so silly and making me laugh all the time,
Thanks for believing in me and for doing all you do to make my future look bright as can be!

Mostly, thanks for being the best Daddy in the whole wide world!

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful dads in our lives :)







1 comment:

rustinlane.blogspot.com said...

He is such a cutie!