Sunday, January 27, 2008

DSA of Miami Picnic

Today we attended the Down Syndrome Association of Miami's annual picnic -- the weather looked really lousy this morning, but cleared to reveal a fairly sunny, warm January day. Last year's picnic was better attended, but it was good to see some of the same folks and have everyone comment on how big Lucas is -- Mr. personality was a big hit waving and blowing kisses at many of his new friends.




Here he is with my dear friend, Kerra's daughter, Krysta, who is a pistol and such a bright, loving kid...we always enjoy spending time with her family, and I love watching their little "lovefest" and how Krysta calls him "Baby Lucas"-- he could learn a thing or two from her, and I'm hoping this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

p.s. A fairly competent photographer, I purposely cut Tom out of these photos -- what can I say, I have a lot of love for him, but this was about the kids :)

No comments: