Wednesday, December 16, 2009

12 Days of Giving: Days 7-10

I was in Nashville until Monday and have been trying to come up for air since. I'll keep my giving report brief: I gave of my time by helping make my best friend's birthday party truly fabulous (running errands, helping setup, and serving as photographer) -- it was a beautiful night thanks to her husband and parents. We also gave in the traditional holiday way by purchasing gifts to acknowledge the hard work and dedication of Lucas' teachers and therapists. The best part of the latter was using my $50 American Express "holiday bonus" toward gifts for these amazing women -- I know Lucas wouldn't be where he is now if it weren't for them.

What's been humbling is to be on the receiving end of the best kind of gifts -- people opening their lives up to us, especially while in Nashville (they don't call it the friendliest city in America for nothin'). I've been genuinely touched by the spirit of the holidays, more so this year than in recent ones. I'd like to think just being more conscious of all the giving taking place every day has made my daily life experience that much more meaningful this season.

No comments: