Saturday, February 21, 2009

Mark Your Calendars: 3-31-09 Global Ban the "R" Word Day

March 31st, during the World Special Olympics, will mark the first Global Ban the "R" Word Day. I have made it a priority to stop everyone who I hear using it -- case by case, it has become easier to do and has brought enlightment and understanding to those who throw the word around unknowingly, and has brought me personal satisfaction...doing my own little bit to make the world a more accepting and loving place for Lucas and others like him.

The majority of people who use it, don't even know what they're really saying since it's become such a part of today's vocabulary, and the funny-sad thing is, they never see the connection between their words and Lucas.

Won't you please join us in never using that word and letting others who do, know that it is insulting and hurtful. Thank you!

I'm off my soap box for now...

No comments: